Application Support Analyst
United Kingdom / permanent / £40k + Discretionary bonus
Harris Global are currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to join a wealth management client on a permanent basis, in their London or Newcastle office (hybrid)
- Check and monitor correct running of all applications and processes including start/end of business day checks.
- Investigate and resolve application and business issues relating to applications and processes.
- Resolve high priority issues under the direction of senior members of the application support team.
- Develop full understanding of key applications/business functions.
- Develop business or support reports using SQL and SSRS.
- Provide training and guidance to 1st line teams and provide additional support to this function when business volumes demand.
- Escalate problems and errors to 3rd line support or vendor teams and act as problem owner to deliver resolution.
- Improve and enhance application and system monitoring and alerting.
- Perform application implementations and upgrades.
- React to ad-hoc requests from the business when appropriate.
- Have previous experience in an IT support function (Service/Help Desk, Desktop Support, Application Support etc).
- Experience of applying logical and systematic trouble-shooting techniques of application support issues.
- Financial business understanding ideally from working in the financial sector.
- End to end application functionality knowledge; be able to demonstrate clear understanding of patterns of business activity, user journeys and application capabilities.
- Experienced with Microsoft server platform.
- Available for regular shift work patterns covering varying shifts (07:30-15:30/08:00-16:00/09:00-17:00/10:00-18:00).
- Available for on-call technical escalation overnight and weekends.