Desktop Support Engineer
London / permanent / £30-£40k
Harris Global are currently recruiting for a Desktop Support Engineer to join a leading insurance company on a permeant basis in their London office.
- The position will require an engineer capable of building key relationships with end users, including VIP/Executives/Senior Management and their support staff.
- Troubleshooting of IT incidents raised by colleagues through our Global Service Desk.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support at tech bars as and when required
- Responsible for new hire IT inductions.
- Provide support for all incidents and service requests for all IT systems/services
- Ensure that incidents and requests are resolved in a timely manner in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Escalate issues to 3rd line support as required.
- End to end ownership of all IT incidents and requests with responsibility for all communication and the technical resolution along with knowledge transfer to the Global Service Desk.
- Follow the escalation process to ensure a consistent and professional IT support service is offered.
- Manage all user administration tasks such as joiners, movers and leavers.
- Deskside Asset management, support of Desktop PC's, Laptops, printers and local hardware devices.
- Hardware/software procurement.
- Follow the change management process to ensure changes to the Desktop infrastructure follows the agreed process and do not cause unplanned outages.
- To manage and maintain the accuracy of the Desktop infrastructure components held in the Configuration Management Database by following the agreed configuration management process.
- Hands on Active Directory experience, ie, group policy objects.
- Office 365
- Hyper-V remote access.
- Dell hardware.
- Azure admin or Exchange admin desired but not essential.
- ServiceNow highly desirable but not essential.
For more information, please apply now!