London / permanent / £55k-£60k
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location.
Harris Global are currently recruiting for a SOC Engineer to join a leading insurance company based in central London (hybrid working). This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding security team, offering huge scope for both technical and career progression. The ideal candidate will have worked in a busy IT team and a strong security background.
- Improving the security posture of the environments
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects, including identification of security requirements and implementation of those requirements.
- Provide technical expertise as a Security Engineer; participate in the formulation of security engineering best practices; assess security configurations; and documentation of security processes and procedures.
- Working closely with the Security team and CISO, identify and help address Cyber-Security issues across environments
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of Firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SSL, application control, Antivirus, OS and other network component policies.
- Ensure the clients' data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate ownership of vulnerability management, patching policies and securing our infrastructure.
- Familiar with Network & Systems performance monitoring such as Solarwinds Orion.
- Deployed and managed Storage & Back Up solutions - Veeam
- Deployment and management of an enterprise patching process.
- Scripting knowledge including PowerShell.
- Knowledge and experience working within an ITIL style service environment.
- Experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions (AzureCloud preferred).