Technical Data Analyst
London / permanent / £40k
Harris Global are currently recruiting for a Technical Data Analyst to join a Wealth Management client on a permanent basis working Hybrid in their London office.
- Implementation and adoption of enterprise data management tooling and supporting deliverables in the areas of data cataloguing (meta-data management), master/reference data management, Datamodelling, security modelling and data lineage across several projects and BAU initiatives.
- Initially the goal will be to technically accelerate, maintain and embed a suite of data catalogues (meta-data management) into the business.
- Create and implement data dictionaries (from source systems and application owners) and enable the mapping to terms
- Perform data profiling to ensure data is classified with terms mapped correctly to data schemas.
- Embed various data governance tools such as data quality and data lineage tools more broadly.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Data Governance principles and Data Management techniques (including data/process modelling, data mapping and data lineage) with experience of documenting lineage outputs
- Implement data lineage using tools (bespoke or vendor) through logical modelling of data and analysing data warehouse or report transformations to accurate determine its path from source to a dimensional data model or report
- Exploration and analysis of large volumes of complex data to identify risks, data integrity issues or refine models developed by other teams.
- Support the implementation of data governance practices on wider projects by providing technical business and data analysis (including Datamodelling).
- Working with Technology and Data Stewards to implement value-enhancing data governance activities. For example, data quality review of breaks, root-cause analysis, identifying recommendations and control improvements.
- Technical contributor to the enterprise data team, analytics team and contribute to best practice and standards that evolve our enterprise-wide Data Governance Policy and Framework.
- Working in an agile Scrum based project delivery model, you will support the delivery of the data governance features required of our new data platform.
- Be an evangelist and trusted technical advisor for Data Governance to ensure that product, application, and project teams are appropriately incorporating data governance elements in their delivery.
For more information, please apply now!