Windows, Storage & VMWare Engineer
London / permanent / £60-£62k
Harris Global are currently recruiting for a Windows, Storage & VMWare Engineer to join a leading media organisation on a permanent basis, in their London office.
- Responsible for effective design, provision, configuration, availability and maintenance of Windows, VMWare and storage platforms and associated systems, working closely with the other Platforms and Storage Engineers.
- Support, maintenance and optimisation of the systems below, including system upgrades, patching and new deployments:
- Windows server estate (on premise and cloud)
- VMWare/ESXi estate
- NetApp storage platform
- UCS infrastructure
- Associated services
- Monitor and manage server performance and availability. Report on KPIs such as patch levels.
- Support, design and maintain backup services using Veeam, including failover test/disaster recovery procedures.
Knowledge & experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining Window server platforms, including from version 2016.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory and associated services.
- Minimum of 1 year experience supporting and maintaining Azure AD.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting, designing and maintaining VMWare/ESXi platforms.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of Netapp OnTap design, administration and troubleshooting
- Excellent understanding of Cisco UCS administration, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of ADFS design, administration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of network technologies in a hybrid environment (cloud and on-premise).
- Support and development of monitoring infrastructure using appropriate tools.
- Knowledge of Veeam backup system.
- Experience of AWS in a hybrid infrastructure environment.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Powershell, Ansible and Terraform.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune.
- Knowledge of SQL database.
For more information, please apply now!